1. Put a saute pan on the stove and warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil over low heat.
2. Place panko on a plate. Add the salt and pepper and stir around.
3. In another deeper dish (like a pie plate), beat the egg. Add a tablespoon of water and beat again to make an egg wash.
4. Cut the fish into four even filets. Turn up the heat on the pan to medium-high.
5. When the oil is shimmering, dip the fish first in the egg wash, then in the panko. Place in the hot oil.
6. When it is brown on one side and starting to cook through, flip the fish over. Add more oil to the pan if it is starting to dry out. Reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook until the fish is cooked through. It should be done in 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
Serve with ketchup (kids) and/or tartar sauce.
Go to full version of