Though it was flavorful I probably will not make again. It got mixed reviews. Needed longer in the oven and my chop was still pink, not thick cut either. Topping is too crunchy for thinner chops and overwhelms them. Wasn't sure about why the sauce was needed, but made it anyway and I was glad. The sauce is great with the chops, which are a little bit spicy. Served with butter roasted carrots and au gratin potatoes.
Panko-Crusted Pork Chops with Creamy Herb Dressing
Dunk crunchy bites of breaded pork chops into the sour cream dressing for a kid-friendly serving.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and about 2 tablespoons dressing)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 268
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 608mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. To prepare pork, preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Combine soy sauce and egg white in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place panko in a shallow dish.
- 3. Dredge pork in flour mixture; dip in egg mixture. Dredge in panko. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 1 minute on each side. Place pork on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 6 minutes or until done.
- 4. To prepare dressing, combine onions and the remaining ingredients. Serve dressing with pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This