I was so excited about this recipe but was not impressed at all. Very bland you need more flavor and I think the buttermilk made it mushy.
Panko-Crusted Oven-"Fried" Fish
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 530
- Fat: 14.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 767mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 1 1/2 pounds thick whitefish fillets (such as cod or catfish)
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups whole wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), such as Ian's brand
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Lime wedges for serving
- New Potatoes With Chipotle Ketchup
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Soak fillets in buttermilk. Coat bottom of a 13- x 9-inch metal baking pan with 1 tablespoon of oil; set aside. Put panko on a plate; add salt and pepper, and mix well to combine.
- 2. When oven is hot, pull fish from buttermilk; let it drain. Dredge still-wet fish in panko, patting to make sure panko adheres, then lay fillets in the prepared pan; drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- 3. Bake fish in top third of oven for 8-15 minutes, depending on thickness of the fish; it will be crisp and golden on the outside and tender and opaque inside when done.
- 4. Serve 1 fillet on each of 4 plates with lime wedges and 1/4 of new potatoes and ketchup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This