Panko-Crusted Grits Patties
This recipe goes with Easy Pork Grillades Over Panko-Crusted Grits Patties
More From Southern Living
Other: 2 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 2 cups uncooked stone-ground grits
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper (optional)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Bring grits, salt, and 6 cups water to a boil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring frequently, 20 to 25 minutes or until very thick. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese until melted.
- 2. Spoon grits into a 13- x 9-inch pan lined with heavy-duty plastic wrap; spread in an even layer. Cool 15 minutes. Place a dry paper towel over grits, and cover with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours or until very firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 425°. Turn chilled grits out onto a cutting board; remove plastic wrap and paper towel, and cut grits into 12 squares.
- 4. Whisk together egg and 2 Tbsp. water in a bowl. Combine panko and, if desired, ground red pepper in a shallow dish. Dip grits patties into egg wash; dredge in panko mixture. Place grits patties on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Panko-Crusted Grits Patties Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This