My family loved this--including my 3.5- 1.5-year olds. I used orange roughy. I didn't bother with the sauce; we all ate it with just the panko coating.
Panko-Crusted Fish Sticks
These fish sticks are easy, kid-friendly and coated in crunchy panko breakcrumbs. Don't forget to serve with the dipping sauce and lemon wedges for a great weeknight dinner.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 22.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 12g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 13.2g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 136mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 463mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound halibut fillets, cut into 20 (1-inch) strips
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bread-and-butter pickles
- 2 teaspoons minced capers
- 1. Combine milk and eggs in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add fish, and toss gently to coat. Place panko, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large zip-top bag. Add fish to panko mixture; seal bag. Shake bag gently to coat fish.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of fish; cook 4 minutes or until done, turning occasionally to brown all sides. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining fish.
- 3. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, pickles, capers, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Serve sauce with fish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note