- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound halibut fillets, cut into 20 (1-inch) strips
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bread-and-butter pickles
- 2 teaspoons minced capers
- calories 382
- fat 22.1 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 12 g
- polyfat 5.9 g
- protein 29.5 g
- carbohydrate 13.2 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- cholesterol 136 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 463 mg
- calcium 97 mg
How to Make It
Combine milk and eggs in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add fish, and toss gently to coat. Place panko, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large zip-top bag. Add fish to panko mixture; seal bag. Shake bag gently to coat fish.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of fish; cook 4 minutes or until done, turning occasionally to brown all sides. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining fish.
Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, pickles, capers, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Serve sauce with fish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.