Really enjoy this dish. Use as one of our Friday lenten staple meals, as well as for an easy summer meals.
Panko-Crusted Cod with Tomato-Basil Relish
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 33.7g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 383mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 (6-ounce) cod fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Soba Noodle Salad
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place egg whites in a shallow dish; place panko in another shallow dish. Dip fish in egg whites; sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dredge in panko. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; swirl to coat. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned and very crispy. Turn fish over; place pan in oven. Bake fish at 450° for 7 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Serve with fish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This