- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 (6-ounce) cod fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Soba Noodle Salad
- calories 255
- fat 8.5 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 2.4 g
- protein 33.7 g
- carbohydrate 9.2 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- cholesterol 73 mg
- iron 0.8 mg
- sodium 383 mg
- calcium 43 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place egg whites in a shallow dish; place panko in another shallow dish. Dip fish in egg whites; sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dredge in panko. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; swirl to coat. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned and very crispy. Turn fish over; place pan in oven. Bake fish at 450° for 7 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Serve with fish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.