Panko-Crusted Chicken with Roasted Corn Hash & Buttermilk Dressing from Cooking Light
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/4 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper divided
- 2 (8oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves each cut in half, lengthwise
- 4 ear(s) corn with husks
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 3/8 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 3 slice(s) center-cut bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 bottled roasted red peppers chopped (about 4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon(s) bottled roasted red peppers liquid
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Combine 1 cup buttermilk, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, & 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag & marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- 3. Place corn directly on oven rack. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool slightly; remove husks & silks. Cut kernels from cob & place kernels in a large bowl.
- 4. Combine remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk, parsley & lemon juice in a bowl.
- 5. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon red pepper and panko in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
- 6. Place bacon in a large skillet over medium heat; cook 8 minutes, or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add oil to drippings in pan. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown & done.
- 7. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, corn, bacon, green onions, roasted red peppers & red pepper liquid in a large bowl. Divide corn mixture evenly among 4 plates; top each with 1 chicken cutlet. Drizzle with buttermilk dressing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Panko-Crusted Chicken with Roasted Corn Hash & Buttermilk Dressing from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes