Panko-Crusted Chicken with Roasted Corn Hash & Buttermilk Dressing from Cooking Light
Bread all of your cutlets & get them in the pan in rapid succession so that they soak up fairly equal amounts of bacon flavor.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper divided
- 2 (8oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves each cut in half, lengthwise
- 4 ear(s) corn with husks
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 3/8 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 3 slice(s) center-cut bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 bottled roasted red peppers chopped (about 4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon(s) bottled roasted red peppers liquid
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Combine 1 cup buttermilk, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, & 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag & marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- 3. Place corn directly on oven rack. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool slightly; remove husks & silks. Cut kernels from cob & place kernels in a large bowl.
- 4. Combine remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk, parsley & lemon juice in a bowl.
- 5. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon red pepper and panko in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
- 6. Place bacon in a large skillet over medium heat; cook 8 minutes, or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add oil to drippings in pan. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown & done.
- 7. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, corn, bacon, green onions, roasted red peppers & red pepper liquid in a large bowl. Divide corn mixture evenly among 4 plates; top each with 1 chicken cutlet. Drizzle with buttermilk dressing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Panko-Crusted Chicken with Roasted Corn Hash & Buttermilk Dressing from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes