The sauce was tasty though I had quite a time trying to find mayo without soy in it. I had no idea how hard that would be. Guess there was a reason I hadn't eaten mayo in years. I think I'll try this with chicken tenders next time. It was a little messy to eat the drumsticks and I ended up with more crust on me than in me. I also had to cook the chicken a bit longer to get it cooked through.
Panko-Crusted Chicken Drumsticks with Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce
You can also serve the chicken drumsticks with light ranch dressing. Here's a quick tip for skinning drumsticks: Loosen the skin around the meaty part of the drumstick. Grab loosened skin with a paper towel, and pull toward the bone end.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 49 Minutes
- Calories: 398
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 51.2g
- Carbohydrate: 11.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 226mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 561mg
- Calcium: 116mg
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Using a paring knife, cut 3 slits in the meatiest portion of each drumstick. Place buttermilk, onion, garlic, and drumsticks in a large zip-top plastic bag; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 3. Place a rack on a jelly-roll pan; coat the rack with cooking spray. Remove the drumsticks from the bag; discard the marinade. Sprinkle the drumsticks with pepper and salt. Combine panko, cheese, and chives in a shallow dish. Dredge each drumstick in panko mixture. Arrange drumsticks in a single layer on the rack; coat drumsticks lightly with cooking spray. Bake drumsticks at 425° for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 4. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve sauce with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note