Chicken breast halves have ballooned beyond reasonable portion size, so just use 2 (8-ouncers), and cut each in half lengthwise to form 4 uniform cutlets. Bread all of your cutlets and get them in the pan in rapid succession so that they soak up fairly equal amounts of bacon flavor.
Cooking Light JULY 2013
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine 1 cup buttermilk, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
3. Place corn directly on oven rack. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Cool slightly; remove husks and silks. Cut kernels from ears of corn, and place in a large bowl; discard corn cobs.
4. Combine remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk, parsley, and lemon juice in a bowl.
5. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, and panko in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
6. Place bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add oil to drippings in pan. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done.
7. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, corn, bacon, green onions, roasted red peppers, and red pepper liquid in a large bowl. Divide corn mixture evenly among 4 plates; top each with 1 chicken cutlet. Drizzle with buttermilk dressing.
Go to full version of