- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, each cut in half lengthwise
- 4 ears yellow corn with husks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 center-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 bottled roasted red bell peppers, chopped (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon bottled roasted red bell pepper liquid
- calories 375
- fat 11.8 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 33.7 g
- carbohydrate 35.2 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 87 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 558 mg
- calcium 18 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine 1 cup buttermilk, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
Place corn directly on oven rack. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Cool slightly; remove husks and silks. Cut kernels from ears of corn, and place in a large bowl; discard corn cobs.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk, parsley, and lemon juice in a bowl.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, and panko in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
Place bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add oil to drippings in pan. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done.
Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, corn, bacon, green onions, roasted red peppers, and red pepper liquid in a large bowl. Divide corn mixture evenly among 4 plates; top each with 1 chicken cutlet. Drizzle with buttermilk dressing.