Panini With Sautéed Mushrooms and Gruyère
A great option for a meatless meal, this grilled panini sandwich features sautéed mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and gruyére cheese.
More From Health
- Calories: 406
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 661mg
- Calcium: 384mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 (1-ounce) slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 of 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 5-6 minutes.
- 2. Spread mustard on 4 slices of bread; layer each with 6 spinach leaves, 1 tablespoon pepper, 1 tablespoon onion, 1/4 cup cheese, and 1/4 cup mushrooms. Top with remaining bread.
- 3. Brush melted butter over both sides of each sandwich. If using a skillet, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; place sandwich- es in pan. Place another skillet on top of sandwiches; cook 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and cheese is melted. If using a panini maker, brush sandwiches with butter; place in machine, close, and cook 2 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This