Panda Express Cream Cheese Wontons
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Panda Express Cream Cheese Wontons
- Serves: 10
- You can enjoy biting into a creamy and crunchy wonton made from your own kitchen. Enjoy Panda Express Cream Cheese Wontons at home.
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese - softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons scallions sliced thin
- wonton wrappers
- Heat enough vegetable shortening or cooking oil to fill 2 to 3 inches in a medium sized cooking pot. If you have an electric fryer, you can use your electric fryer. Cream together cream cheese and scallions together. If desired a touch of garlic powder may be added for additional flavor. Spoon approximately 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into wonton, and fold wonton.
- Fold wonton by brushing a little water over all of the edges of the wonton skin. Fold wonton diagonally unto a triangle. Be sure to seal all of the edges completely, this will keep the filling from running out of the wonton when being cooked. Next take the two furthest ends and press and twist those together. You may need to tack together the two end pieces by adding a little water.
- When the oil is heated, you can use a thermometer and test to see that it is 350 degrees, or you may test with a small piece of wonton skin. If the wonton skin bubbles immediately when dropped into the hot oil, it is ready. Drop only 4 or 5 pieces into the hot oil. After about 1 minute the wonton will begin to brown, it will now brown rapidly, remove it when it is lightly browned. If your oil is shallow, you may need to flip over the wonton before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Panda Express Cream Cheese Wontons Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers