mrscrazyed ~~ I also would not boil the garlic too long! This is a garlic recipe!! Don't compromise the garlic!!
True, these are pure garlic cloves you're eating, but they've been mellowed by a dunk in boiling water and a salty pancetta wrap. Prep and Cook Time: 50 minutes. Notes: Boiling the garlic briefly makes it easier to peel—you don't have to smash the clove or cut into it to get the skin off.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 105
- Calories from fat: 74%
- Protein: 3.4g
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 1371mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- 18 large garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 thin slices pancetta or thin-cut bacon
- 1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cool water. Peel garlic.
- 2. Bring 1 qt. water to a boil. Add salt and garlic. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until garlic is tender when tested with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll pancetta slices into strips and cut into 2 1/2-in. lengths. Wrap each garlic clove with a pancetta strip, securing with a toothpick. Put garlic on a baking sheet and bake until sizzling and starting to brown, about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note