My husband and I love this dish of comfort food. A fantastic introduction to Swiss Chard. I use a ratio of 5 cups water to 1 cup polenta taking 45 min. to cook, adding more water if needed. That is the key for creamy polenta.
Pancetta and Swiss Chard with Soft Polenta
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 322
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 23.5g
- Carbohydrate: 35.9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 955mg
- Calcium: 392mg
- 2 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 cups coarsely chopped Swiss chard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Soft Polenta
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmesan
- Cook pancetta in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until crisp (about 10 minutes). Remove pancetta from pan.
- Add garlic to drippings in pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add broth and thyme; bring to a boil. Cook until mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup (about 5 minutes).
- Add chard, salt, and pepper, tossing to coat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until chard is tender. Serve over Soft Polenta; top with pancetta and Parmesan.
- (Totals include Soft Polenta)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note