- 1 pound pancetta, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 5 qts. cubed (1-in.) sourdough bread (from a 1 1/2-lb. loaf)
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- calories 253
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- protein 11 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- fiber 2 g
- sodium 872 mg
- cholesterol 25 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Brown pancetta in oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, celery, and onion; sauté about 4 minutes. Add apples; stir to coat. Transfer to a large bowl. Add broth to pan; stir to scrape up browned bits. Pour into bowl.
Stir in bread, parsley, and thyme. Spoon stuffing into a greased 9- by 13-in. dish, pressing down lightly to fill pan. Bake until browned and crusty, about 45 minutes.
Make ahead: Up to 1 day ahead, prepare stuffing and chill, covered. Bake about 1 hour.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.