This recipe was the hit of our Labor Day Picnic. This simple recipe is worth the time you put in to it looking for pancetta. Using the the highest quality ingredietnts certainly makes for the best results. I will certainly make this again.
Pancetta Salmon Kebabs with Parsley Vinaigrette
At Flying Fish restaurant in Seattle, chef Christine Keff makes this super-easy, luscious recipe with fillets. It's worth it to buy really good oil and vinegar for the vinaigrette—you'll taste the difference. You'll need 8 (10-in.) skewers; soak wooden ones in water 4 hours to prevent burning.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 557
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 40g
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated fat: 8.4g
- Carbohydrate: 0.5g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 844mg
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- 5 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons good-quality red wine vinegar, such as Kimberley
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned king or coho salmon fillet (1 in. thick), cut into 1 1/2-in. chunks
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Combine 1/4 cup oil, the vinegar, garlic, salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). In a large bowl, combine remaining tbsp. oil with remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper. Turn salmon in oil to coat.
- 3. Set out rows of 3 salmon chunks on a work surface. Unroll pancetta slices into strips and wrap strips once or twice around salmon, weaving long pieces between chunks. Skewer each row of salmon with chunks slightly separated.
- 4. Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Set kebabs on grate, then grill, covered, turning once, until fish is barely cooked through, 4 minutes.
- 5. Arrange kebabs on plates. Stir parsley into dressing; spoon on top of kebabs. Serve with warm, crusty bread for dunking.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This