Easy and so, so tasty. Very rich. It wasn't nearly as good the next day, so plan to eat it immediately.
Photo: Jennifer Davick
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) package bucatini pasta
- 5 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 fresh figs, quartered
- 1/3 cup torn basil leaves
- 1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup hot pasta water.
- 2. Sauté pancetta, shallots, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes or until pancetta is golden and shallots are tender. Add cream, cheese, and hot cooked pasta; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in 3/4 to 1 cup reserved pasta water until creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with figs and basil. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This