Making hot, fluffly pancakes for breakfast has never been easier with this simple recipe. Top with your favorite fresh or frozen berries and warm maple syrup.
Attachments: Bowl and flat beater
Yield: 4 servings (2 pancakes per serving)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in KitchenAid® Stand Mixer bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 4 and mix until ingredients are combined, about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 4 and mix until smooth, about 15 seconds.
3. Spray griddle or heavy skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat griddle to medium-high heat. Pour about 1/3 cup batter for each pancake onto griddle.
4. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until bubbles form on surface and edges become dry. Turn and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until golden brown on underside.
To purchase the KitchenAid® products used in this recipe, please visit www.shopkitchenaid.com
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch