excellent flavor, easy to make, visually appealing.
Pan-Steamed Asian Greens with Shiitake Sauce
Prep and Cook Time: about 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 76
- Calories from fat: 4%
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 591mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pan-steamed Asian Greens (omit step 3)
- 1. Rinse mushrooms and place in a bowl; cover with 2 cups hot water. Let soak until soft, about 20 minutes. Lift mushrooms out and squeeze their liquid into bowl; reserve liquid. Cut off and discard tough stems from mushrooms; thinly slice caps.
- 2. Carefully pour 3/4 cup of the mushroom-soaking liquid into a 1- to 2-quart pan, leaving sediment behind. Add sliced mushrooms, sherry, soy sauce, garlic, and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover, reduce heat, and simmer until mushrooms are tender to bite, about 5 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water; add to mushrooms and stir until boiling.
- 4. Arrange hot greens on a platter. Spoon mushroom sauce in a band over the top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables