Pan-seared Tuna with Oranges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 5 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Place tuna in a shallow dish or zip-top bag, and add half of orange juice mixture. Set aside remaining mixture. Turn tuna to coat evenly, and marinate 15 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade, and sprinkle both sides with sea salt and pepper. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and sear about 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. (Tuna is best medium-rare, or very pink in the center, to medium.) Remove from pan; cover loosely with foil, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add reserved marinade mixture and orange sections to pan, and cook just until warmed; keep warm.
- Heat 2 tablespoons water in pan; add spinach, sea salt, and pepper; cover and steam 1 minute or just until wilted. Divide spinach and tuna evenly among 4 plates. Pour sauce and drippings over fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This