Pan-Seared Tuna with Onion-Soy Vinaigrette and Vegetable Slaw
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 3 celery ribs
- 2 small cucumbers, seeded
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- Dash of pepper
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) tuna steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Garnishes: red onion slices, celery leaves, lemon wedges
- Cut carrots, celery, and cucumbers into thin 2-inch-long strips and place in a bowl; set aside.
- Stir together rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Measure 1/2 cup vinaigrette mixture and toss with vegetables.
- Brush tuna with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add tuna, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with vegetable slaw and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette mixture. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes