- 3 carrots, peeled
- 3 celery ribs
- 2 small cucumbers, seeded
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- Dash of pepper
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) tuna steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Garnishes: red onion slices, celery leaves, lemon wedges
How to Make It
Cut carrots, celery, and cucumbers into thin 2-inch-long strips and place in a bowl; set aside.
Stir together rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Measure 1/2 cup vinaigrette mixture and toss with vegetables.
Brush tuna with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add tuna, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with vegetable slaw and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette mixture. Garnish, if desired.