Pan-Seared Tuna with Ginger-Shiitake Cream Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 slice(s) 6-ounce tuna steaks, each about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoon(s) peanut oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/3 cup(s) thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 8 ounce(s) fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- 6 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Sprinkle 1 side of tuna steaks with pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Place tuna steaks, pepper side down, in hot oil and sear 2 minutes. Turn tuna over and continue cooking to desired doneness, about 2 minutes for rare. Transfer tuna to rimmed baking sheet; keep warm in oven.
- Add butter, sliced green onions, cilantro, ginger and chopped garlic to same skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Mix in mushrooms and soy sauce and simmer 30 seconds. Add whipping cream and simmer until sauce lightly coats back of spoon, about 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Spoon sauce onto plates; arrange tuna atop sauce. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs, if desired.
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pan-Seared-Tuna-with-Ginger-Shiitake-Cream-Sauce-100670#ixzz2KN4mWITg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lamorr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note