- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets or other mild white fish
- 4 lime slices
- calories 204
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 5.6 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 2.9 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 30.1 g
- carbohydrate 6.9 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- cholesterol 52 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 533 mg
- calcium 60 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; saute 2 minutes. Stir in water, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat; set aside.
Combine 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, flour, and red pepper in a shallow dish. Lightly coat fillets with cooking spray; dredge in flour mixture.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Spoon lime mixture evenly over fillets; transfer skillet to oven and bake 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lime slices.