Pan Seared Swordfish Steak Provencal
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh swordfish steaks, about 6 to 8 oz each
- Flour, for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, minced
- 10 to 15 Kalamata olives
- 12 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken or fish stock
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over moderately high heat.
- Dust the swordfish in a light coat of flour. Add the swordfish steaks and cook until brown, about 3 to 5 minutes on one side. Turn the steaks over and lightly salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, olives, and artichoke quarters. Deglaze pan with white wine. Add chicken stock and cook additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Plate the swordfish with the olives and artichoke quarters.
- Place pan back on the stove and reduce the sauce another minute.
- Pour sauce onto plated swordfish and enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note