Excellent recipe! We grilled our steak with just some salt & pepper and then added the butter to the top afterwards. Loved the flavor of the chive-horseradish butter. Tips: whip your butter and then add the additional ingredients (no need to put back in the fridge for the 20 minutes "set" time. That just makes the butter harder to proportion and melt. I also highly recommend using smokey horseradish (if you like smoke flavor). Served with the recommended roasted sweet potatoes and broccolini for a great full flavored meal. Definitely worth repeating; 100% a keeper; enjoy!
Pan-Seared Steak with Chive-Horseradish Butter
Top tender filet mignon with a chive-horseradish butter for an indulgent, 4-ingredient recipe that comes in at only 220 calories per serving. Serve with roasted, thinly-sliced sweet potatoes and Broccolini.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 0.6g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 229mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 5 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Sprinkle steaks evenly with salt and pepper. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Divide butter mixture evenly among steaks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note