Pan-Seared Shrimp with Sweet Soy-Ginger Glaze
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) shrimp extra large, 21-25 count
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground black freshly ground
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) Ginger root minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) thinly sliced scallion white & green parts
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) Kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 pinch(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- Pat shrimp dry. Season with salt, pepper and sugar, gossing to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until oil shimmers.
- Whisk together kecap manis, water, ginger (can use an estimated amount of Garden Gourmet minced ginger) vinegar, scallion (may use thinly sliced yellow onion), and pepper flakes (may use Garden Gourmet chili pepper, dried pepper flakes or sambal oelek).
- Add shrimp to skillet; stir-fry 1-2 minutes until just cooked through. Add sauce mixture, tossing to coat. Cook about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Divide among individual plates. Serve immediately with rice and snow or sugar snap peas (may also add peas to skillet when adding the sauce so they are just heated through but still crisp).
- Nutrition per serving based on three:
- 180 calories; 23 g protein; 9 g carbohydrates; 5 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 170 mg cholesterol; 530 g sodium; 7 g sugar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AlanTinkleman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pan-Seared Shrimp with Sweet Soy-Ginger Glaze Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes