- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (2 1/2-ounce) hoagie rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 4 thin red onion slices
- calories 401
- fat 12.1 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 3.2 g
- protein 30.7 g
- carbohydrate 44.2 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- cholesterol 172 mg
- iron 4.4 mg
- sodium 944 mg
- calcium 152 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine shrimp and Cajun seasoning in a bowl; toss well. Add olive oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add shrimp to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
Cut each roll in half horizontally. Top bottom half of each roll with 2 tablespoons lettuce, 2 tomato slices, 1 onion slice, and one quarter of shrimp. Spread top half of each roll with about 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture; place on top of sandwich.
Carrot and cabbage slaw: Combine 4 cups shredded green cabbage and 1 cup shredded carrot in a large bowl. Combine 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds in a small bowl. Add mayonnaise mixture to cabbage mixture; stir well.
Using salt-free Cajun seasoning reduces the sodium in this dish without sacrificing any of the flavor. Carrot and cabbage slaw makes for a crunchy side dish.