Incredible!! Lots of flavor!! Really easy except as everyone mentions time consuming with stirring the rice but well-worth it. Used 32oz. box low-sodium chicken broth which worked perfectly and saved a step. Also added mushrooms when cooking shallots & garlic. I seared my shrimp a little longer than they suggested, until pink. This is definitely a new favorite!!
Pan-Seared Shrimp and Arugula Risotto
Serve with steamed or roasted asparagus.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 30.3g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 139mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 521mg
- Calcium: 210mg
- 4 cups Homemade Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked Carnaroli or Arborio rice or other medium-grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1. Bring Homemade Chicken Stock to a simmer in a small saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp to pan; cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; set aside.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup stock; cook 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently until each portion of stock is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes total). Stir in shrimp; cook 1 minute or until done. Stir in cheese, butter, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Remove from heat; stir in arugula and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes