Yum Yum Yum! This recipe made our meal a special occasion, even though I served it on an ordinary Friday night. I added a layer of pasta over some of the pesto then put more pesto on the pasta. Not having any grape tomatoes, I diced some really ripe Rome tomatoes and used them in the topping. The first bite elicited a very emphatic "excellent" from my husband. We agreed at the end of the meal that it is definitely a keeper and that it will become a favorite, good for a family meal or a special occasion.
Pan-Seared Scallops with Tomatoes and Pesto
Randy Mayor; Bob Gager
Entertain on the fly with a quick-cooking and delicious scallop dinner.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 252
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 31.4g
- Carbohydrate: 10.4g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 517mg
- Calcium: 133mg
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium. Add rind and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; bring to a simmer. Add tomatoes; cook 45 seconds, tossing to coat.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons pesto on each of 4 plates. Arrange one-quarter of scallops and about 1/2 cup tomato mixture on each plate. Sprinkle with basil.
For a golden-brown crust on the scallops, don't disturb them while they cook except to turn them over.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes