Pan-Seared Scallops with Tomato, Olives, and Fresh Basil
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 can(s) 14 1/2 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) kalamata olives pitted and quartered
- 6 ounce(s) dried whole grain or multigrain fettuccine cooked according to p
- 1 tablespoon(s) thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1. Thaw scallops, if frozen. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle scallops with the pepper; set aside. Set aside half of the diced tomatoes. In a blender or food processor, combine the remaining diced tomatoes and the juice from the can. Cover and blend or process until smooth; set aside.
- 2. Preheat a very large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add oil to hot skillet; swirl to lightly coat skillet. Add scallops to hot skillet; cook about 4 minutes or until golden brown and opaque, turning once. Transfer scallops to a warm platter; cover and keep warm.
- For sauce: 3. Add wine and garlic to skillet, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until wine mixture is reduced by one-third. Add the reserved diced tomatoes, the pureed tomato mixture, and the broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken slightly.
- 4. Remove from heat; stir in olives. Divide hot cooked fettuccine among four shallow pasta bowls. Spoon sauce over fettuccine; toss to combine. Arrange scallops on top of fettuccine mixture. Sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings (3/4 cup pasta, 3 or 4 scallops, and about 1/3 cup sauce per serving)
- Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- * Calories: 356
- * Protein(gm): 31
- * Fat, total(gm): 5
- * Carbohydrate(gm): 42
- * Dietary Fiber, total(gm): 5
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MelisaTX and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes