- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 7 ears) or 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped tarragon or basil, plus sprigs for garnish
- calories 408
- fat 8 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 40 g
- carbohydrate 46 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 57 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 316 mg
- calcium 110 mg
How to Make It
Rinse scallops, and pat dry. Pull muscle from side of scallops, and discard. Season with pepper, to taste.
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium nonstick or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over moderately high heat. Cook scallops, turning once, 4 minutes (depending on size of scallops) or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
Lower heat to medium; add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Cook bell pepper, shallot, and garlic, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until slightly softened.
Stir in the corn and edamame, and cook, stirring occasionally, an additional 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add the cider vinegar, and cook, stirring constantly, until completely evaporated, about 1 minute. Pour in the buttermilk; cook, stirring, until reduced in half. Stir in chopped tarragon, and spoon vegetables into 4 bowls. Top evenly with scallops; serve immediately.