This dish was zesty with a great flavor. My picky eater teenager loved this.
Pan-Seared Scallops with Southwestern Rice Salad
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 790mg
- Rs: 3g
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound dry scallops (about 16)
- 1. Squeeze juice from half the lime into a large bowl; add 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; stir well with a whisk. Add beans, corn, tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro; toss gently to combine. Stir in cooked rice, and toss until thoroughly combined. Cover loosely and keep warm while preparing scallops.
- 2. Combine remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel, and toss in the oil mixture until thoroughly coated. Squeeze 2 teaspoons juice from remaining lime half and set aside.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1 scallop in center of pan. When scallop sizzles, arrange remaining scallops in pan, flat sides down (make sure they arenï¿½t touching or they will steam, not sear properly). Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned and opaque in the center. Drizzle scallops with lime juice, and toss gently to coat. Divide salad into 4 servings and top with 4 scallops each. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This