Pan-seared Scallops over Ginger Soba Noodles
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts toasted
- 1/8 cup(s) pearled barley toasted
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet onion diced
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 cup(s) baby spinach stemmed, washed & dried
- 3 ounce(s) soba noodles
- 4 tablespoon(s) grape-seed or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dark sesame oil
- 8 medium sea scallops (or 6 large)
- Mix the sauce for the noodles:
- 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grape-seed or canola oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh crushed ginger or 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp orange juice
- NOTE: The sauce is meant to be delicate and not over-power.
- Toast the pine nuts and set aside.
- Toast the pearled barley, then add it to a small pot (1.5 qt) of water that's warming towards a boil.
- Heat a 10-12" skillet and add 3 tbsp of grape-seed or canola oil, followed by the onions until almost translucent, and then the garlic for another 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach for another minute until starting to wilt, then remove from heat. The spinach should maintain some structure, not salad-stiff but not mushy either.
- Boil the noodles for 4-5 minutes, drain, and then coat with the ginger sauce by tossing in a bowl.
- Divide the spinach/onion/garlic between two shallow bowls, and top with the noodles in a nest in the center.Re-heat the skillet. When hot add the scallops and let them sear for 2-3 minutes. Turn and repeat. De-glaze the pan with a small amount of Marsala or Sherry cooking wine.
- Top your plates and enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NeroFiddled and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pan-seared Scallops over Ginger Soba Noodles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes