Pan-Seared Scallops and Bacon Salad
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup greens, 7 scallops, and 1 tablespoon bacon)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 31.0g
- Carbohydrate: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 683mg
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Calcium: 79mg
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops (about 28)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup light Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (8-ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 2 bacon slices
- Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Combine paprika, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon spice mixture evenly over scallops; set aside. Combine remaining spice mixture, dressing, and water; stir well with a whisk. Set aside.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, pat dry with paper towels, and crumble.
- Add scallops to drippings in pan. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove scallops from pan; set aside and keep warm. Add reserved dressing mixture to pan; bring quickly to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Pour over salad greens; toss to coat. Divide salad greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with scallops and bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads