Pan-Seared Salmon with Watercress Purée
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 349
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Fat: 16.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 38.4g
- Carbohydrate: 9.3g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 324mg
- Calcium: 69mg
- 1 1/2 cups cubed peeled red potato
- 8 cups trimmed watercress or torn spinach (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 (6-ounce) skinned salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add potato, and cook 15 minutes. Add watercress, and cook an additional 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Place watercress-potato mixture, butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor, and process until smooth; set aside, and keep warm.
- Heat 2 tablespoons water in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add bell peppers; cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Spoon bell pepper mixture into a bowl; set aside, and keep warm.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt over fish; set aside. Coat skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add fish, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Spoon 1/3 cup pureed watercress mixture onto each of 6 plates; arrange 1 fillet on each plate, and top each with 2 tablespoons bell pepper mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This