Pan-Seared Mahimahi With Tropical Salsa
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 154
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 21.6g
- Carbohydrate: 13.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1 cup diced peeled fresh papaya (about 1/2 medium papaya)
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice
- 4 (4-ounce) mahimahi or other firm white fish fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently. Cover and chill.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot. Coat fish with cooking spray; add fish to skillet. Cook fish 1 minute on each side or just until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place fish on individual serving plates, and spoon salsa over fish.
Note: The peppery seeds of the papaya are edible. Reserve about 1 tablespoon to add to the salsa for additional favor, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes