- 1 cup diced peeled fresh papaya (about 1/2 medium papaya)
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice
- 4 (4-ounce) mahimahi or other firm white fish fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 154
- fat 1.1 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- protein 21.6 g
- carbohydrate 13.8 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 83 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 250 mg
- calcium 44 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently. Cover and chill.
Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot. Coat fish with cooking spray; add fish to skillet. Cook fish 1 minute on each side or just until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Place fish on individual serving plates, and spoon salsa over fish.
The peppery seeds of the papaya are edible. Reserve about 1 tablespoon to add to the salsa for additional favor, if desired.