This recipe was great! I added a bit of chicken stock to the relish to loosen up a bit, no more than 4 T. I served this with brown rice and sauteed kale with raisins and garlic. My husband loved this!!!!!
Pan-Seared Halibut with Bell Pepper Relish
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 4 (6 oz) halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup(s) chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped, flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 1/4 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle halibut evenly with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish easily flakes when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Carefully remove fish from pan, and keep warm.
- 2. Add remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots and garlic to pan; saute 1 minute. Add bell pepper and next 3 ingredients (through paprika); saute 3 minutes or until bell pepper is tender. Stir in parsley. Serve relish with fish.
- CALORIES: 252 FAT: 10.2g (sat:2g, mono:5.7g, poly:2.2g) PROTEIN: 35.7g
- CARB: 4.5g FIBER: 1.2g CHOL: 122mg IRON: 0.9mg SODIUM: 286mg
- CALC: 44mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pan-Seared Halibut with Bell Pepper Relish Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes