Pan-Seared Grouper with Roasted Tomato Sauce
Most types of fish are high in potassium. Here, grouper, which provides 822 milligrams in a six-ounce serving, is paired with a potassium-rich sauce made of roasted tomatoes for an entrée with more than 1,300 milligrams of potassium per serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 278
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 35.4g
- Carbohydrate: 13.4g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 543mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 12 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange bell pepper strips and tomato slices in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and Italian seasoning; stir to coat. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a food processor. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, black pepper, and basil leaves; process until smooth. Spoon tomato mixture into a bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Combine flour and cornmeal in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt; dredge in flour mixture. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn fish over; bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with tomato sauce; garnish with chopped fresh basil, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes