- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 12 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- calories 278
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 9 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- monofat 5.4 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 35.4 g
- carbohydrate 13.4 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 63 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 543 mg
- calcium 70 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange bell pepper strips and tomato slices in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and Italian seasoning; stir to coat. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
Increase oven temperature to 400°.
Transfer tomato mixture to a food processor. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, black pepper, and basil leaves; process until smooth. Spoon tomato mixture into a bowl. Cover and keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Combine flour and cornmeal in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt; dredge in flour mixture. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn fish over; bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with tomato sauce; garnish with chopped fresh basil, if desired.