Somehow sprinkling a steak with Montreal Steak Seasoning doesn't quite seem like a recipe to me although I do LOVE montreal steak seasoning. I could've figured this one out on my own. Southern Living has deteriorated which is why I am no longer subscribing.
Pan-Seared Flat Iron Steak
The trick to a great crust on this flat iron steak is to use a very hot skillet; a large cast-iron or heavy stainless steel skillet works best. Have your hood fan on high—there will be some smoke. If you can't find flat iron steak in your local market, a top blade chuck or sirloin steak will work just fine.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 (1-lb.) flat iron steak
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. Rub steak evenly with steak seasoning and salt.
- 2. Cook in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note