Pan-Seared Duck Breasts with Red Wine-Raspberry Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1. 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 2. 1 large shallot, minced
- 3. 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 4. 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5. 4 Pekin duck breasts, skin scored in a crosshatch pattern
- 6. Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 7. 1/4 cup water
- 8. 2 teaspoons honey
- 9. 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon
- 10. 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1. In a baking dish, mash 1/2 cup of the raspberries. Stir in the minced shallot, 1/4 cup of the red wine and the olive oil. Add the duck breasts and turn to coat. Turn the breasts skin side up, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Scrape the marinade from the duck breasts into the remaining marinade and reserve. Pat the duck breasts dry, season them with salt and pepper and set them in a large skillet, skin side down. Cook over moderately high heat for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the skin is well browned, about 6 minutes. Turn the duck breasts and cook until medium-rare, about 3 minutes longer; transfer to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 3. Discard the fat from the skillet. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of red wine and boil until reduced by half. Add the reserved marinade and the water and simmer over moderate heat until the sauce is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Strain the sauce into a small saucepan and whisk in the honey and butter. Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Thickly slice the duck breasts crosswise on the diagonal and transfer to plates. Spoon the red wine sauce around the duck, scatter the remaining 1 cup of raspberries on top and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rebecca1369 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pan-Seared Duck Breasts with Red Wine-Raspberry Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes