Pan Seared Chicken with Mole-Style Sauce - Fresh Flavors Recipe from the Fresh Market
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 chicken breasts boneless/skinless
- 3 tablespoon(s) Fajita Spice Rub TFM No Salt Added, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOO TFM
- 1/4 cup(s) onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine Primal Roots Red Blend
- 1/4 cup(s) coffee brewed
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder TFM
- 1 can(s) Tomato Sauce TFM 8 oz.
- 2 tablespoon(s) Choco Peanut Butter PB Crave(TM)
- 4 tablespoon(s) cilantro fresh, chopped
- lime wedges
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat for 3 minutes. Add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat. Season chicken with 2 tablespoons of Spice Rub. Add chicken to pan and sear on each side for 1 minute. Lower heat to medium and continue to cook chicken until juices run clean, or it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken to a platter, cover wit foil to keep warm and set aside.
- In same skillet add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 3-4 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic; remove pan from heat and add wine, scraping up any browned bits. Add coffee, 1 tablespoon Spice Rub, chili powder, tomato sauce and PB Crave Chocó Chocó Peanut Butter. Whisk thoroughly to combine and simmer to heat sauce through, about 5-8 minutes. Carefully transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and blend for 2 minutes. To serve, pour sauce over chicken and garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
- Serve with Primal Roots Red or White blend wine.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SRodrig185 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note