Pan Seared Chicken with Mole-Style Sauce - Fresh Flavors Recipe from the Fresh Market
Community Recipe from
- 4 chicken breasts boneless/skinless
- 3 tablespoon(s) Fajita Spice Rub TFM No Salt Added, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOO TFM
- 1/4 cup(s) onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine Primal Roots Red Blend
- 1/4 cup(s) coffee brewed
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder TFM
- 1 can(s) Tomato Sauce TFM 8 oz.
- 2 tablespoon(s) Choco Peanut Butter PB Crave(TM)
- 4 tablespoon(s) cilantro fresh, chopped
- lime wedges
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat for 3 minutes. Add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat. Season chicken with 2 tablespoons of Spice Rub. Add chicken to pan and sear on each side for 1 minute. Lower heat to medium and continue to cook chicken until juices run clean, or it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken to a platter, cover wit foil to keep warm and set aside.
- In same skillet add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 3-4 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic; remove pan from heat and add wine, scraping up any browned bits. Add coffee, 1 tablespoon Spice Rub, chili powder, tomato sauce and PB Crave Chocó Chocó Peanut Butter. Whisk thoroughly to combine and simmer to heat sauce through, about 5-8 minutes. Carefully transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and blend for 2 minutes. To serve, pour sauce over chicken and garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
- Serve with Primal Roots Red or White blend wine.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SRodrig185 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes