This is a good, classic recipe. Next time I will roast some potatoes for all the wonderful sauce.
Pan-Seared Chicken Breast with Rich Pan Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 283
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 37.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 428mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Let chicken stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan, rounded side down; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, onion, and garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add flour; sauté 30 seconds. Add wine to pan; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring constantly. Stir in stock; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, butter, and sugar. Sprinkle with parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note