I used this recipe a lot starting about five years ago whir I was an active duty soldier about twice a week. It's been a year or two since I've used it until tonight. My wife absolutely hates olives but I LOVE them. Try simmering your balsamic vinegar with diced green peppers with the Yamato and basil while whisking for about 5 minutes right as chicken finishes. Under 400 calories and to die for!!
Pan-Seared Chicken with Tomato-Olive Relish
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Select your favorite varieties of olives from the supermarket olive bar to make the relish without leftovers.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 breast half and 1/4 cup relish)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 235
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 39.6g
- Carbohydrate: 1.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 511mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted olives
- 1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- 2. While chicken cooks, combine remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, basil, and vinegar in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cherry tomatoes and olives; toss to coat. Serve relish with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This