Pan-Seared Asian Tofu with Cabbage
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 13.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 5.9mg
- Sodium: 579mg
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Calcium: 112mg
- 1 (14-ounce) package reduced-fat tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 1 (16-ounce) cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut tofu crosswise into 8 (1/2-inchthick) slices. Place tofu slices on several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Cover tofu with additional paper towels. Place a cutting board on top of tofu. Let stand 10 minutes.
- While tofu stands, combine brown sugar and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan, and place tofu in a shallow dish; top with half of brown sugar sauce. Cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, red pepper, and green onions to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add coleslaw to pan, and sauté 6 minutes or just until soft.
- Divide slaw mixture among plates. Top with tofu, and drizzle evenly with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This