- 1 (14-ounce) package reduced-fat tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 1 (16-ounce) cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 219
- fat 10.3 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- protein 13.6 g
- carbohydrate 19.8 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- iron 5.9 mg
- sodium 579 mg
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- fiber 5.2 g
- calcium 112 mg
How to Make It
Cut tofu crosswise into 8 (1/2-inchthick) slices. Place tofu slices on several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Cover tofu with additional paper towels. Place a cutting board on top of tofu. Let stand 10 minutes.
While tofu stands, combine brown sugar and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan, and place tofu in a shallow dish; top with half of brown sugar sauce. Cover and keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, red pepper, and green onions to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add coleslaw to pan, and sauté 6 minutes or just until soft.
Divide slaw mixture among plates. Top with tofu, and drizzle evenly with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.